Tuesday, January 6, 2009

8:00 AM

As I set my alarm clock for 8am, I find my mind reeling from the fact that I would have to wake up that early. Not only awake, but aware and operational. I sigh as I set it. Suddenly it dawns on me, the same time was set from last quarter. I had to be up at 8 everyday last quarter, an equivalent of 3 months. I am a little surprised. As I leave my seat on my bed to go to the restroom to brush my teeth, I realize it would only be two times a week this quarter. It was certainly doable, far more so than last quarter.

We are capable of much more that we expect.
The funny thing is, God knows that.

Maybe this is the reason God doesn't lay out His grand plan before my eyes for me to scrutinize. Only to have me turn to Him and ask how He could possibly expect me to do this.

Maybe God even likes His element of surprise because He knows that we are capable of doing the very things we deem impossible.

Maybe God knows that until we are faced with a challenge that we cannot complain, manipulate, or pray ourselves out of, we do not truly know what we can do.

Maybe God is always expecting something more from us, something that we do not freely give until we are backed into a corner.

Maybe God knows that because we are His children, we are capable of more than we ourselves could even comprehend.

OR maybe, dare I say it, I am just being optimistic

5 comments: