Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I made a mistake

I accidentally went to sleep at 6:30 p.m.
I accidentally overslept.
I accidentally woke up at 1:30 a.m.
I accidentally threw off my whole schedule.

In reality, it wasn't an accident at all.

What did I expect?

I was lying in bed using my computer. Actually, now that I think about it, I had decided to close my eyes for awhile...while lying in bed! Hm...

I've got to think more carefully before I decide to do things that seem like no big deal.

Because this sure makes a big deal now!

At 1:38 a.m. on a Tuesday morning, I come face to face with our Lord's goodness and grace for silly human beings who make silly decisions...which, in turn, sets off consequences that may reverberate through more factors than the silly human beings know. But God gives more grace.

Wow.

That's about all I can handle at this hour in the morning.

Now, I will intentionally go back to sleep. And tomorrow morning, I will open my eyes, knowing that God is just as good and gracious then as He is in this very moment.

I love my Lord and Savior.

2 comments: