Thursday, January 8, 2009

"before the throne of God above"

I must admit, last night at the Older-People's-Group-Revival-Event (OPGRE for short), I was a disappointment. When asked to share about where I was, personally, with God, I ended up blurting about a million things I hadn't much intentions about sharing. I suppose, that is a good thing as well as a bad thing, a double edged sword that cut my hand when I attempted to sheath the blade.

It was good because I was able to happily and relaxedly speak of what my hopes and wishes for the near future. I kept it under control and didn't talk too much, I hope. And I was able to lighten the mood a bit and keep things deep, yet not so deep that I was bleeding before the others. ... On the other hand, I didn't really say how I could be able to help, nor where my goals and direction lay when it came to the OPGRE. And so, I will sayit now, as a way of compensating for my serious lack of intimacy the night before when it was more necessary, though I felt it necessary for all who laid eyes on this blog to read it too... because it is who and what I am.

I dream of inspiring the world.

Sounds general? Well, then call me general. =) And I will call you soldier. Haha... nah, I'll explain myself. The story behind the statement explains it ALL.

When I was younger, I was never told that I can be anything I wanted to be. I was never told that dreams could come true. I was never told that, through hard work and prayer and faith, anything is possible. I was told that God has a plan and whatever happens, it will be by His devine will. That was all I was allowed to think, know, and understand. And thus, I grew up in a heavily sheltered environment. And that, and other stuff, led to my break down and caused me to turn rebellious. And after that whole lot of rock-music, head-banging, fantasy-fanatic stage of life, on the verge of a permanent stay from a one-way ticket to hell... the God I had heard so much and knew so little spoke the very words that moved me into my present way of life. He told me to dream. He wanted me to dream. He would make my dreams come true, because He will give me dreams. And how excited was I? Not very. My history of dreaming was not great...

When I was seven years old, for 5 years, every night, I had the same dream. And when I was 12, it happened. Just a coincidence, right? Sure, in the non-Christian's eyes, it's nothing important. But for the next couple of years, I would dream about people and meet them soon after. THAT is eerie. The point was, all of my dreams, in one way or another, came true. And, at first, I was so afraid to sleep, I would try not to. But then a wise prophesier woman told me to embrace God's gift to me. More specifically, my "God-given joy and dreams". THAT got me sleeping again.

So when in China, I did everything I could to encourage my students to dream, and each person I meet, I always talk about dreaming and reaching for your dreams and that always led into God, the Giver Of Dreams. "It's not because things are difficult that we don't dare; it's because we don't dare that things are difficult."- Sénèque. And I LOVE that quote because it's so very true. Jonah is proof of it, you get what I mean?

Anyways, sorry for dragging this out. But the point is, I want to inspire those who join the group, and others, to reach for their dreams because, from what I've experienced, dreams come true. I put my faith in G.O.D. (^.^)

In all things that we do and say, let it be for furthering the Kingdom of God and encouraging the Body. All else would be a waste of time, energy, and breath; life. Praise the Lord, for He is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment