Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Nickel and Dime













I feel like I cheat out on God a lot. I know it's probably a feeling true to a lot of us, but I really do feel like I do it too much. I look around me and I have no excuse not to give all I am to Him. But that's the hard part, giving it all. It's easy for me to ask Him to direct me towards a career and then ditch my devotions the moment finals come around. I've asked him to revive lux mundi, but then forget that any kind of revival starts with my own heart. I pray nightly for Him to use me to bring the gospel to my brother and my dad but when I'm sitting alone in a car ride with them..silence. I praise Him for the winter break but then open His word only a quarter of the time that I had hoped to. Gosh, I would've given up on me already.

But that's the beautiful thing about our Father isn't it?

"What if some were unfaithful? Does their faithlessness nullify the faithfulness of God? By no means! Let God be true though every one were a liar.." Rom 3:3-4

So here I am still. Unfaithful though He is faithful. Hoping to remember Him at all times. Praying for a change in my heart. Waiting for the opportunity to be bold.

3 comments: